An easy vegan soup recipe that includes two often overlooked items: leeks and parsnips. A savory Winter soup, fast and gluten-free.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 medium/large leeks, sliced and dirt removed
- 5–6 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1/4 cup water (water saute)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked or 2 cans (15 oz.) cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil/water over medium-high.
- Add leeks and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in herbs and spices, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in potatoes, parsnips, broth and salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add beans and cook until warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: soup, vegan, vegan soup, leeks, parsnips