A delicious, incredibly fast, chocolatey, vegan cake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water, or chilled coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Use an 8″ square, or round cake pan
- Oil the pan, or place parchment on the bottom
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa, soda, salt, and sugar
- Add the oil, water (or coffee), and vanilla
- Blend well
- Add vinegar and stir briefly (the baking soda will react with the vinegar and leave pale swirls in the batter)
- Without wasting time pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes
This Post Has 3 Comments
I am allergic to all kinds if vinegars and cant use it in the recipe. Anything else I can use instead of or can I just omit it? thanks in advance, Shelly.
Allergic to vinegar? I’m sorry to hear that. 🙁 I’m really not sure about substitutes, we have never tried any. I’ll check with Georgia and we’ll try to get you an answer!
Hi Shelly, well after a little searching I think that you could try a one-to-one replacement with lemon juice. Cider vinegar is pretty mild somit may alter the taste of the cakes. Please let us know how it works out!
Here is where i found the info: https://www.eatbydate.com/substitutions/vinegar-substitutes/