The first time I had this bean dip, I was at work. My friend Whitney brought it with a bag of corn chips. I couldn’t stay out of it and when the chips were gone, I was eating it out of a paper cup with a spoon. It is possible that it is mildly addictive.
Whitney is not a vegan. She did not bring it to accommodate vegans. She brought it because it is good. This is a great example of all the wonderful vegan friendly foods that you can easily bring to a party or gathering. Everyone can enjoy it. You know there is something you can eat and share and it might be an opening for discussing your choice to be a vegan in a very nonthreatening and delicious way.
We have made it several times and found that having it on hand to add to salads, have on a big bed of greens or eat as a side dish with lunch is really great too.
Can’t Stop Eating This Bean Dip
- 3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 lrg can black beans
- 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas
- 1 can shopeg corn
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained and finely diced
- Heat vinegar with sugar until dissolved.
- Rinse and drain beans and peas.
- Mix everything together and let flavors meld together for several hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our awesome friends at My Wife Makes also used this dip in a wrap which we think is a fantastic idea! So, have fun and use your imagination!