Creamy, delicious, nutritious soup. Dairy-free and vegan!
- 6–8 cups of organic* broccoli florets
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium organic* potatoes, or equivalent in red potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp salt (reduce if your vegetable broth is high in sodium)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- Soak one cup of raw cashews in one cup of hot vegetable broth and set aside
- In a large saucepan heat 5 cups of vegetable broth
- Cut four medium potatoes into bite sized pieces (peeling is optional)
- Dice the onion
- Place the potato and onion into the broth
- add the salt, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer
- Cook until tender
- Add the broccoli florets and cook until just tender.
- Grind the cashews and broth until smooth in a high-speed blender (our Vitamix makes this quick!) and pour into the soup
- Stir, and then ladle half of the soup back in the blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour the pureed soup into the rest of the soup, stir, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- That’s it!
* We strongly suggest using organic produce, in general. But you will find it not only means your intake of toxins will be reduced, it will make all your food, like this soup, much more flavorful!