Bright yellow, sweet, tasty, wake-up-your-tastebuds smoothie!
1 cup water (or your choice of plant-based milk for a creamier texture)
1.5 – 2 cups frozen mangos
2 bananas (nice and ripe, please!)
Fresh ginger, to taste. Grated is best
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- The frozen fruit makes it nice and cool, and a little thick, which is nice. You can always use fresh.
- Ginger keeps well in the freezer, and you can simply peel and shave some off when needed (just put the root in a plastic bag, or container in the freezer). Jack uses a grater.
- Frozen mangos can be hideously expensive at supermarkets – we find them at BJs (USA big-box discount store) and they are a lot more affordable. We have also found them at a great price at Aldi’s, Costco, and Walmart.
- During the Summer, when mangos are generally available in non-tropical areas for a decent price, buy them in quantity, cut them up and freeze them yourself. Just remember to use a large, gallon size, ziplock bag and arrange the cut pieces in a flat layer until they freeze. That way they will not become one huge block of mango pieces.
- This mix can make a delicious soft “nice cream” too. Just spoon into a bowl and place in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. A yummy mango treat!
- We like to take those super ripe bananas that we don’t think we’ll eat before they pass, peel them, place them in a large ziplock bag, and pop them in the freezer. If you use frozen bananas for this smoothie it will be a lot closer to ice cream. Get a spoon! 🙂
This Post Has One Comment
[…] Get the Recipe: https://www.fullofbeans.us/?p=191 […]