Delicious, smooth, melty, cheese sauce that is completely dairy-free. 100% vegan! Plus, easy, whole-food ingredients!
- 2 medium potatoes – scrubbed, peeled, and chopped (russets or golden)
- 3 large carrots – scrubbed, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 4 oz can diced jalapeño peppers, drained (optional) or fresh (see the Notes section)
- Steam potatoes and carrots together until soft.
- Blend with remaining ingredients, except peppers, in blender (we LOVE our Vitamix) until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in peppers and enjoy as a sauce or dip for chips.
- adapted from recipe by Dr Brooke Goldner published in Vegan Health and Fitness magazine
- A powerful, high-speed blender such as a Vitamix helps a lot. This requires complete blending of the ingredients.
- We find its a LOT easier on the blender if you add everything EXCEPT the potatoes, blend, then add the potatoes in stages.
- As always, we strongly recommend using organic ingredients. Since this recipe is primarily root veggies it will be healthier and taste richer, too!
- We LOVE adding the jalapeños for the xtra kick. Canned, or jarred, is fine but for a little extra sharpness, consider fresh jalapeños, cut to a fine dice.