Delicious vegan, and gluten-free fritters packed with flavor and nutrition. Whip these up anytime you want a veggie-packed treat
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a few grinds of black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green, or bell, pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- Prepare the vegetables and combine in a large bowl.
- Combine the garbanzo flour, salt and spices in a second bowl.
- Add the water to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well blended and there are no lumps.
- Pour the flour mixture into the vegetables and gently combine.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup onto a heated and lightly oiled griddle and cook until the edges start to look dry (3 minutes or so).
- Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown and center is firm to a light touch.
- Serve immediately or cool on a tea towel or paper towel.
- This recipe makes about 8-9 fitters.
- Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave, but reheating in the toaster or oven gives a better result.
- Any available vegetables that can be finely chopped or thawed will work with this recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment with what is on hand. Same goes for what you like for herbs. This is practically a no fail recipe
- I have used a creamy salad dressing with these to dress it up a little. Just make a little puddle on the side for dipping!