- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 3 tsp curry (good quality)
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 5 cups cannellini beans (aka “white kidney beans”)
- 1/2 c Just Mayo or other dairy-free mayo
- 2 – 3 T agave syrup
- a few grinds black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (using beans from dry)
- 1/2 c walnut, chopped
- 1/2 c raisins
- gently combine all ingredients
- Curry varies tremendously. We have a fairly mild, mellow curry and the amount reflects this. Adjust for your taste and the curry that you are using
- Cannellini beans are quite soft, so they will mash quite readily. If you like more texture, chickpeas would work quite well.
- When using beans from dry stock we find that more salt is necessary. Start with half the added salt if you are using beans from cans.