This superfood green smoothie is packed with nutrition to really get your day started!
- 3 bananas (make sure they are ripe!)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbs coconut sugar (we like organic Khadrawy dates when we can get them)
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk (almond, soy, cashew – you can also use water)
- Grind your flax seeds in a coffee grinder for 10-15 seconds
- add plant milk (or water) to blender (a Vitamix works great)
- add flax and coconut sugar (or dates)
- blend for about 30 seconds on high
- turn off blender and add spinach, bananas, avocado, and mango (in that order)
- blend on high for 30 – 45 seconds
- The avocado thickens the smoothie, particularly if it is frozen.
- We love the organic dates that we can get and use coconut sugar when they are sold out. Dates add another level to the nutritional makeup of the smoothie for sure!
- This makes a LOT! So, for some of you it may be a smoothie for two. 🙂