Granola is great on-the-go, starting your day, or just anytime!
Make a giant batch of this delicious, no fuss, Easy Almond Maple Granola with two bowls, two cookie sheets, five minutes, and your oven! No more fussy granola!
- 2 cups wheat flour (whole wheat, white or a combination) or gluten-free alternative*
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sunflower or safflower oil
- 1 cup maple syrup (any grade)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets
- Combine first four ingredients well
- In a second bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until well blended and add to the dry ingredients
- Mix thoroughly
- Spread evenly on the two cookie sheets and place on the center rack of your oven.
- Bake for 1 hour
- Cool thoroughly. Granola will become crunchy as it cools.
- Store in sealed container.
- Dried fruit should be added when the granola is cool.
- *My preferred gluten-free flour mix is 1 cup fine brown rice flour, 1/2 cup white rice flour, and 1/2 cup oat flour.
- Oat flour can be purchased or made by putting oats in a dry blender or food processor.
- A delicious, but a little more calorie-dense, option is to replace 1 cup of flour with almond flour/meal.
Keywords: granola, cereal, snack, oats