Perfect cookies for the holidays or a lunchbox. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside – you can’t eat just one. 🙂
- 2/3 cup salad oil (Sunflower, safflower, corn etc)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 chia “egg” (see notes)
- 2 cups flour (I use unbleached organic white flour)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or electric mixer, blend thoroughly.
- Shape into a large ball
- wrap in plastic, (or wax paper) and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Remove from refrigerator and form into 1″(2.5cm) balls
- roll in granulated sugar
- place on greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper) 2″ (5cm) apart
- bake at 375° F (190°C) for 8-10 minutes
- yield: 2 dozen good sized cookies
- Chia “eggs”: 1 T ground chia seeds to 3 T water. Mix well. You can use it immediately but I find it works best if you allow it to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- You can use flax “eggs” but I find that chia works better for this recipe.