This vegan spinach and broccoli quiche is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional quiche made with eggs, dairy cream and dairy cheese.
- 1 block (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained (no need to press) crumbled into large chunks
- 2 rounded tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kala-namak (black salt)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 rounded teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, or to your preference)
- 1 Tbs olive oil or water
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets, lightly chopped (frozen works too, but will be softer)
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds (at the moment, Follow Your Heart and Violife are our favorite brands)
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Place pie crust in the pie dish and set aside. We suggest our Foolproof Pie Crust Recipe
- Combine tofu, nutritional yeast, black salt, and turmeric in a food processor and blend, stopping to scrape down edges as needed. Add a few tablespoons of water if needed to blend smoothly. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil or water and add onions, stirring gently, and cook until lightly translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms, if using, and saute until mushrooms are cooked enough to have liquid mostly cooked off.
- Add spinach and broccoli and cook just until heated through. Remove pan from the stove.
- Add the tofu blend, oregano, optional pepper flakes, and cheese shreds to the pan and gently fold together until evenly blended.
- Transfer the mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with additional shreds or a scant amount of pepper flakes if desired.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Our foolproof crust recipe (including step-by-step video) is wonderful with this quiche: https://www.fullofbeans.us/flaky-and-foolproof-vegan-pie-crust/
- And a delicious gluten-free crust recipe is included in our Pumpkin Pie post: https://www.fullofbeans.us/pumpkin-pie-time/
- Serving Size: 1/8 quiche
Keywords: vegan quiche, brunch, vegan brunch, vegan pie crust, broccoli, mushrooms