This spreadable, soft Dairy-free herb cheese delivers all the flavor and texture of Boursin cheese and is perfect for sandwiches, dips, and vegan charcuterie boards. Easy-to-find and economical ingredients make a no fuss recipe.
- 1/2 block or 7 ounces of extra firm organic tofu, pressed and drained to remove water.
- 3 Tbs organic refined coconut oil, warmed to liquid form.
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2–3 cloves of raw garlic or 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tsp or raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer to a container with a tight lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
The garlic: This recipe has a strong garlic flavor. Not everyone enjoys the bite and power of raw garlic. If you want a gentler garlic presence, simply replace the raw cloves with roasted garlic cloves. We have a post all about making roasted garlic here.
Pressing the tofu: I have wrapped my tofu in a linen cloth and placed it under a cast iron pan to express the water. There are many ways to effectively accomplish this. We were given a tofu press and it makes it super EASY. If you use tofu even occasionally, the press is totally worth it.
Coconut oil: It must be refined. It is for texture. You do not want to use unrefined coconut oil or you will add the flavor of coconut. (Yuk)
Keywords: vegan cheese, soft herb cheese, dairy-free, garlic, herb