This vegan Shepherd’s Pie is the perfect hearty, and healthy, choice for a potluck, a family dinner or one of those nights when no one gets to eat together, but everyone needs a good meal available.
- 10 ounces cut green beans
- 6 large carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 recipe Instant Pot Turky Style Seitan or 1lb of commercially prepared plant-based meat strips or crumbles, cut into small or medium chunks
- 5 cups of mashed potatoes, seasoned – I recommend the Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 recipe of Guilt-Free Vegan Gravy or 21/2 cups vegan gravy
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- In a large casserole dish, gently combine the beans, carrots, and plant-based meat and pat down for an even surface.
- Pour the gravy evenly into the casserole.
- Dollop the mashed potatoes onto the dish and, using a large spoon or spatula, evenly spread them edge to edge.
- Dot with vegan butter if desired.
- Bake at 350℉ for 45 minutes.
Guilt-Free Vegan Gravy: https://www.fullofbeans.us/guilt-free-vegan-gravy/
Garlicky Mashed Potatoes: https://www.fullofbeans.us/roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes/
Keywords: comfort foods, vegan shepherd's Pie, shepherds pie, mashed potatoes