Organic leeks and potatoes combine for a special, comfort food, treat.
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 8 red bliss potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1” cubes
- 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, well rinced and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups of water with 6 tsp Vogue Vegebase
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 generous tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp sea salt
- several generous grinds of black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add leeks and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add carrots, herbs, salt and pepper and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add water and vegebase, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend to desired level of smoothness. (I like it smooth with visible flecks of carrots)
- Adjust seasonings and salt to taste.
- This soup freezes well.
- Cooking tip: when a recipe calls for veggie stock I use Vogue Cuisine’s Vegebase and mix about 1 tsp to each cup of water.