These Vegan Banana Cardamom waffles are a sure bet for turning the first meal of the day into something special. The ingredients are simple and the recipe comes together quickly. This is an easy way to surprise someone with breakfast in bed!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 4 dates (Medjool or Khadrawy)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plant milk
- 1 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs ground flax
- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine the fruit, wet ingredients, and ground flax in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, thoroughly blend the remaining dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour batter into the waffle iron base on the manufacturer’s instructions (our’s takes about 1/2 cup per waffle).
- When cooked, serve with vegan butter and/or maple syrup.
We love dates and they are fairly easy to find. However, if you want something really special check out our source at www.7hotdates.com. A family farm producing a wide range of amazing organic dates.
Keywords: waffles, breakfast, banana, dates, vegan brunch, vegan breakfast