Cooking Steel-cut Oats in an Instant Pot is a game changer, making this unsung hero of superfoods easy and fast in the morning.
- 1 cup organic steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3–1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot
- Using manual setting, set for 10 minutes (12 if you want creamier consistency)
- When the cooking is done, turn it off. Do not leave it on warming mode.
- Allow the pressure to reduce naturally for about 5 minutes before releasing with the valve.
- Stir and serve.
- This recipe provides 2-4 servings. We like big bowls!
- We have substituted the raisins with raw banana or chopped apple with a great result.
- Serve with plant based milk.
- Top with chopped nuts or coconut sugar for a big treat.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: oatmeal, low fat, breakfast, vegan, instant pot