These roasted garlic mashed potatoes will make you fall in love with potatoes again. Delicious, healthy, and full of flavor – vegan mashed potatoes are a hit!
- 3 lbs organic red potatoes
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted
- 1 Tbs rosemary
- 1/4–1/2 cup plant-based milk
- vegetable broth or water
- 1 Tbs vegan butter (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Rinse and chop potatoes and place in a deep pot.
- Add enough vegetable broth or salted water to just cover the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are quite tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from heat and pour off, and reserve, about 3/4 of the cooking liquid.
- Begin to mash the potatoes, adding the vegan butter, if using, and garlic. You can squeeze the bulb over the potatoes or remove the cloves with a kitchen knife and add them.
- Add the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and liquid alternately, in small amounts until you reach a desired texture. As you mash, the liquid is absorbed. Red potatoes require less water than russets, so you really just need to have it on hand. It is unlikely that you will need it all, so don’t just dump it in.
- Add more salt if necessary. If you use commercially prepared broth, be aware that it may be high in sodium.
- Serve and enjoy.