- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced into crescents
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard (stone ground, spicy brown or dijon – I use what is on hand)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- several grinds of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Toss the vegetables with the maple and mustard mixture until evenly distributed and coated.
- Lightly spray or oil a large roasting pan (mine is 11×15), large enough to be pretty close to having a single layer of the vegetables.
- Spread the vegetables evenly in the pan.
- Grind a little more pepper on the vegetables. (optional)
- Place in the center of the oven and cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, turning them over a bit with a large spoon approximately half way through the cooking time.
- Serve and Enjoy!