- 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatos
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 tbsp oregano, depending on taste
- 2 tsp italian seasonings (or dried basil)
- 1 tsp sugar or agave (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of red wine (optional)
- Blend tomatos with liquid in a blender to desired consistency. I like mine slightly chunky.
- Saute onion in olive oil until almost transparent in a pan large enough to accommodate all ingredients. Add garlic, oregano, italian seasonings and continue to saute for a few more minutes. Add remaining ingredients, including tomatos, and contine to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced enough to produce a thickened sauce.