We all love holiday pies, but they are filled with eggs and dairy. Here is a no-compromises Thanksgiving vegan pumpkin pie recipe!
- 3 chia “eggs”* (instructions here)
- 1 Tbs flour (omit for gluten-sensitive)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (or 1 & 1/2 cups) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup plant-based creamer (we use So Delicious brand Coconut Coffee Creamer, but Silk also makes a good one)
- 1 tsp agar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or 204°C)
- Combine creamer and agar in blender (our Vitamix is great, but any blender should handle this) and process for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin and chia eggs and blend until smooth and creamy
- Spoon, or pour, into prepared crust and spread evenly, filling to the edges.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Place on the counter and cool completely before serving (if pressed for time, you can do this in the fridge once the pie pan is cool enough to handle)
- * chia eggs work so much better than other vegan “eggs”, like flaxseed, that it is worth it making sure to have the chia seed on hand 🙂
- More info about Chia Seed substituting for eggs in our post here: fullofbeans.us/chia-seed-the-best-vegan-egg-replacement-for-baking/
- We love our Flaky and Foolproof Vegan Pie Crust with this pie: https://www.fullofbeans.us/flaky-and-foolproof-vegan-pie-crust/
FUN FACT: Georgia has made this when we didn’t have enough cane sugar and she used half cane and half coconut sugar. It was really delicious and had a lovely slighter darker color. So, don’t be afraid to experiment! 🙂
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pie, pumpkin, pumpkin pie, gluten-free pie