This vegan coleslaw takes a few unexpected twists on a classic side dish. It will be a hit at the party or picnic, not only with some unexpected flavors but with some nutrient-dense ingredients to take it to the next level.
- 1/4 cup orange juice or Margarita mix (alcohol-free)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 3/4 tsp pink or sea salt
- 3 large or 4 medium carrots, peeled or scrubbed and shredded.
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage (or a combination of red and green)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or sunflower seeds.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and gently combine, coating them well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Keywords: coleslaw, dairy free, cabbage, side dish