This vegan version of the Mississippi Mud Cake is an easy and fun vegan chocolate cake dessert that actually makes its own sauce!
Most of our desserts are more healthy than this one, but few are more fun. But, it’s still fully vegan and anytime you can enjoy a delicious dairy-free chocolate dessert it’s a good day!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 4 Tbs oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
vegan whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients for batter into a bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla and mix only until smooth.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Turn into the prepared dish. (It will be thick.)
- Combine sauce ingredients and gently pour over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top looks dry and firm.
There will be a fudge sauce underneath the cake. It will thicken up as the cake cools a bit. Serve with a spoon and invert the serving onto a plate. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan chocolate cake, dairy-free chocolate, chocolate cake, vegan cake, dairy-free chocolate cake