- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 Tbs low sodium Tamari
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbs cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbs water
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if broth is high in sodium)
- few grinds of black pepper
- Combine the broth, tamari, and thyme in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and whisk in the cornstarch mixture and keep on a low boil, whisking until the gravy thickens. This takes about one minute.
- Whisk in the plant based milk and reduce the heat to low so that it doesn’t boil.
Recipe adapted from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook by Robin Robertson