This easy vegan pie crust has been my go-to recipe for decades. It is flaky, flavorful and so easy to work with that it will change your mind about making your own crust.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, preferably organic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegan shortening (I use Nutiva or Spectrum)
- 2 Tbs vegan butter (Earth Balance sticks), melted
- 5 Tbs cold water
- 1 Tbs vinegar (white or apple cider vinegar)
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Cut in the shortening and melted butter and combine until the mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Combine the water and vinegar and then add to the mixture.
- Form into a ball and chill.
- Roll out to form 2 crusts. (check out my technique on the video)
This is foolproof. 🙂
This is the perfect crust to use for our delicious pies and quiches like:
Keywords: pie crust, pie, crust, homemade pie crust, foolproof crust, dairy-free crust