This is a wonderful vegan holiday dessert that brings together traditional (in our part of the world) Fall flavors and textures in a way that is sure to delight family and guests. This Apple, Pear, and Cranberry Crisp with Oatmeal and Pecan topping is easy to put together and makes for a wonderfully warm and rustic dessert.
- 6 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, broken up a bit
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 rounded tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat oven to 375℉
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pecans.
- Add the dry ingredients to the melted butter, mix thoroughly, and set aside.
- Combine the sliced fruit and cranberries and place them in a large pie plate or shallow baking dish. It will be a pretty large pile.
- Evenly distribute the topping over the fruit, gently patting it down with your hand or the back of a large spoon. I find that my hands work best. Don’t worry if there are a few pieces of fruit poking out.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Serve warm.
I always use organic fruits, so I don’t peel the fruit. I like the rustic look and the taste and texture of the peels in the dish. Peeling the fruit is optional if you prefer it.
This dish is wonderful served warm with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for dessert. Leftover with a little vegan yogurt, it makes a satisfying breakfast.
Keywords: pie, crisp, dessert, vegan pie, vegan holiday pie, pecan, apple crisp, cranberry dessert, vegan holiday dessert