Delicious bean dip that everyone will love, whether vegan, paleo, or whatever. It is a wonderful Go-To item for that vegan dish you want to bring to a gathering. You could eat only this and be perfectly happy.
- 3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 lrg can black beans (or 2 15oz cans)
- 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas
- 1 can shopeg corn
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained and finely diced
- Heat vinegar with sugar until dissolved.
- Rinse and drain beans and peas.
- Mix everything together and let flavors meld together for several hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
By the way: Shopeg corn was something I never even heard of before making this. It is worth finding in the canned vegetable aisle.
We like scooping it up on cucumber slices (see the photo) but chips are just fine too. It also pairs well with salad greens for a hearty salad.